Thursday, January 1, 2009

Project 365

Most of you know how much I LOVE scrapbooking, but w/ the addition of Henry my scrapbooking stuff has gone untouched. I know that there are other moms of 3 (and more) that find time to scrapbook. I'm not one of them. If you are...please share your secret. Anyway, a college friend of mine (her blog is on my list as me and em) is doing a Project 365. Becky Higgins (scrapbooking guru) created this idea, and essentially, in a nutshell, it's about taking a photo everyday and scrapping it. It's supposed to encourage photos of day to day stuff. The mundane stuff that someday we will remember. So, since I won't be scrapping again anytime soon, I'm going to try to post a photo every day in January and blog about it. I'm hoping that someday, my blog, will be my memory book. Anyone else want to give it a go?

3 comments:

Alison said...

YEAH!!! So fun! Don't know if you've been to BH's blog, but it looks like they're trying to get more kits in production. If they become available, you should try to get one! At first, it seemed overwhelming, but I'm dedicating Thursday naptimes to getting the previous week journaled and put together. I can't wait to see your pics!
Also, there is a website (I'll have to look it up for you) that will bind your blog into a book, thus REALLY making it your scrapbook. If you're interested, let me know and I'll look it up for you~
Glad to be your muse! a.

Amy at Work said...

that's what we already do, isn't it? although, you are better at it than i am. my next goal is to make pdfs of each entry and print them to a binder. that way, i'll have a printed copy of the blog for ellie to look at one day. although, in 10 years she may ask "what is paper?"

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I actually just read about that in my Creating Keepsakes magazine and thought it was a really cool idea!

How fun to look back at the end of the year to see a pic from everyday!

AAB