Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Falling apart at the seams


005, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Don't let this photo fool you. Nobody at our house feels this good. It was taken a few days ago. Owen's eardrum has now ruptured and is leaking sticky, pus fluid out his ear. Which should make him feel better...relieving pressure in his ear. But it's not, and he's laying on our couch which I'm sure is where he will remain until we go to bed. No doubt he'll be up all night. I've been giving him Tylenol and Motrin, but he's still miserable. Emmett has been complaining about his legs hurting for days. I've been ignoring it, thinking it's growing pains or something. But, for the past week or so he spends a portion of the day scooting around on his bottom, because his legs hurt so badly. Today, he complained in the morn, scooted on his bottom in the night and complained off and on about his ears. In addition, his best buddy, Troy, the one whose photo I posted earlier, has scarlet fever (which is caused by strep). So between Owen and Troy, Emmett is screwed. Guess I'll take him to the doctor tomorrow (good-bye another $25.00). And, my throat and ear are starting to hurt. My head is killing me. It may be psychosomatic, or I may be at the doctor tomorrow (good-bye another $25.00). Fun, fun times at our house. I good think of many other ways I'd rather spend that $75.00!

6 comments:

Tasha Roe said...

oh girl!! that stinks!
i hope everyone gets back to feeling better soon! Those little men need to have another clean basement celebration. i know i would if mine looked that good. loved the built-ins, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg,
Sorry that you are all sick! I hope that everyone is better soon.
A.J.

Alison said...

Ugh! Sending healthy vibes your way!

Elizabeth said...

Bummer Megan. A sick house is the worst. I hope recovery comes your way swiftly! Love the photo of Henry and the doctor.

life with my boys... said...

hang in there, and let me know if you need anything at all.... even if it's picking up more Tylenol or OJ from the store :)

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

i'm sorry, honey. hang in there.