Sunday, January 25, 2009

8 glorious hours

Eddie and I spent 8 glorious hours together alone today. My mom kept the kids, put them to sleep, and survived. Even better...she thrived...and said it was a piece of cake. It's great to hear this because she's watching the boys for us for a long weekend in April and I don't want her to backout on her offer :). Eddie and I went to see Gran Torino tonight and it was really, really good. Kind of slow at times, but overall, very, very good. I let Eddie chose the movie and I'm super happy we didn't end up at Mall Cop. We would have if it started a different time....
Then we went for dinner and Target (it actually makes for a decent evening when you're doing it sans kids). Eddie tried to talk me into parking in the back of Sam's parking lot just like old times (catch my drift), but I told him I'd get too cold. it's freezing here!! Better luck next time, babe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time and a much deserved night out!

Yay that the kids were good for your mom! I don't want anything to jeopardize our April weekend!

AAB

life with my boys... said...

You are hilarious! Your night out sounds like something we would do...dinner and Target, the grocery, anything seems romantic without kids. :) We didn't pull behind Sam's though...we pulled over in front of Onondaga off 370 on the way to the mall...

Jeanne Oliver said...

The parking lot wouldn't have been THAT cold!!! Glad you had a night out.

Toni said...

I agree; should have done the parking lot!

8 hours is such a LONG time! Sooo nice that you were able to get away!

Tasha Roe said...

turn the heater on for crying out loud!! it would have been worth it. :)
We ALWAYS end up at Target or Walmart on date night too! it is a totally different experience. ha!