Sunday, January 18, 2009

From bad to worse to bad again...

A 48 hour recap:

1/16/09, Friday -

4 pm - Eddie gets home from work (early!) and was planning to take Owen to soccer practice. I'm all like not so fast, love bug, I haven't left this house in five days. I'll take him to practice. And, after practice, I went to a pampered chef party. It was super fun. And, I was so thankful to get out. My stomach didn't feel quite right at the party, but Henry was still puking and having diarrhea and you know how when you are around people puking you feel like you're going to puke just by default? So, that's how I felt.
11pm - Asleep.

1/17/09, Saturday -
4 AM- horrible stomach ache.
5 AM- vomiting started
5 Am-1 pm - vomiting, diarrhea, vomiting, diarrhea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
Eddie took the boys (all of them) to the soccer center in the AM for Owen's game (which I hear after the fact, from other soccer moms that called NOT just Owen and Eddie, that Owen had his best game ever. Figures since I wasn't there. Anyway, Henry hadn't had vomiting or diarrhea since Friday late afternoon, so Eddie took him along.
130 pm - Eddie arrives home w/ the boys. Emmett puked at the soccer center. Henry had a massive diarrhea explosion.
135 pm - Emmett climbs into bed w/ me.
135 pm-4 pm- Emmett pukes, diarrhea, pukes, diarrhea, etc.
4 pm - Eddie pukes. Climbs into bed w/ Emmett. I head to the couch and try to hold my head upright for long enough to care for Henry.
415 pm- Henry pukes again. He (and I) continue w/ the diarrhea.
Between 415 pm - 5 AM, Eddie and Emmett continue to vomit. Henry has TONS of huge poopy diapers.
Owen and I sleep on the couches. Owen complains about his stomach and holds a bucket for a while, but never throws up (yet).

Things seem to be a bit better as I write this at 345 on 1/18/2009 -

Eddie, Emmett, and I haven't puked since about 5 AM. The diarrhea continues but not as bad.
Owen still isn't sick (yet). And, everyone has had bland food and kept it down (except for Henry). We have even started fumugating: doing some laundry and cleaning dishes. My big concerns now are Henry, who is still puking and having diarrhea 4 days later. He's already had 8 diarrhea diapers today and 1 vomit. It's an awful lot for a baby. AND, he's only had 6 ounces of that diarrhea formula (Isomil DF). He won't drink Pedialyte. He hates juice. And, I'm wondering how much longer he's going to be able to continue like this. We may be back at the pediatrician's tomorrow. Further concerns: all of us (me, Emmett, and Henry) stopped our antibiotics for strep because we couldn't keep them down. We were only on them 3 days. Not quite long enough to completely kill the bacteria.
It's really challenging to take care of the whole family while your sick. Especially w/ a baby who can't care for himself. These are the times that we miss our family MADLY! And, I know how much we mention we LOVE our dear Hourihan family neighbors. But, once again, they are wonderful! Miss Sue has made two trips for us to get more diarrhea formula, diapers, 7-up, white bread, etc. So, even though we don't have famly nearby. Dear neighbor DO make a difference. We've had 9 continuous days of sick in this house. Here's hoping things get better.

3 comments:

JulyG319 said...

Oh sweetheart I hope that things continue to get better! It really stinks to be sick when you have little ones to take care, but at least you have Owen who can help you out, some.
Big get well hugs from Colorado!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Meg, I am so sorry about the nastiness going on at your house. I hope that it returns to normal soon!
A.J.

Adam Fam said...

Oh, my! We had the same symptoms around here late December. However, we had it one at a time, and Kate (somehow) never got it (huge difference!). Also, when Greg had it, his parents were in town to celebrate Christmas (which sucked for him to essentially miss their visit entirely but helped me out a ton!). We hope things turn around rapidly and that little Henry starts keeping those liquids down. Good luck! Wish we were closer and could help out:(