Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hey New Yorkers...need a laugh?

A friend passed this along to me today. I'm not sure if it was passed on to her from a friend of a friend or if her friend wrote it, but it made me laugh. It's definitely appropriate right now, since we've had over 100 inches of snow and a lot of snow is in the upcoming forecast. I think we're only supposed to get 1-2 feet by Saturday morning, but just northwest of us has a forecast of 24-48 inches. YIKES!

Gotta love Upstate New York:
>>
>> Aug. 12 - Moved into our new home in
>> Upstate NY. It is so beautiful here. The hills and river
>> valleys are so picturesque. I have a beautiful old oak tree
>> in my front yard. Can hardly wait to see the change in the
>> seasons. This is truly God's Country.
>>
>> Oct. 14 - Upstate New York is such a
>> gorgeous place to live, one of the real special places on
>> Earth. The leaves are turning a multitude of different
>> colors. I love all of the shades of reds, oranges and
>> yellows, they are so bright. I want to walk through all of
>> the beautiful hills and spot some white tail deer. They are
>> so graceful, certainly they
>> must be the most peaceful creatures on
>> Earth. This must be paradise.
>>
>> Nov. 11 - Deer season opens this week. I
>> can't imagine why anyone would want to shoot these
>> elegant animals. They are the very symbol of peace and
>> tranquility here in New York. I hope it snows soon. I love
>> it here!
>>
>> Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. I woke to
>> the usual wonderful sight: everything covered in a beautiful
>> blanket of white. The oak tree is magnificent. It looks like
>> a postcard.
>> We went out and swept the snow from the
>> steps and driveway. The air is so crisp, clean and
>> refreshing. We had a snowball fight. I won, and the snowplow
>> came down the street. He must have gotten too close to the
>> driveway because we had to go
>> out and shovel the end of the driveway
>> again. What a beautiful place. Nature in harmony. I love it
>> here!
>>
>> Dec. 12 - More snow last night. I love
>> it! The plow did his cute little trick again. What a rascal.
>> A winter wonderland. I love it here!
>>
>> Dec. 19 - More snow - couldn't get
>> out of the driveway to get to work in time. I'm
>> exhausted from all of the shoveling. And that snowplow!
>>
>> Dec. 21 - More of that white shit coming
>> down. I've got blisters on my hands and a kink in my
>> back. I think that the snowplow driver waits around the
>> corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. Asshole.
>>
>> Dec. 25 - White Christmas? More
>> freakin' snow. If I ever get my hands on the
>> son-of-a-bitch who drives that snowplow, I swear I'll
>> castrate him. And why don't they use more salt on these
>> roads to melt this crap??
>>
>> Dec. 28 - It hasn't stopped snowing
>> since Thanksgiving. I have been inside since then, except of
>> course when that SOB "Snowplow Harry" comes by.
>> Can't go anywhere, cars are buried up to the windows.
>> Weather man says to expect another 10 inches. Do you have
>> any idea how many shovelfuls 10 inches is??
>>
>> Jan. 1 -
>> Happy New Year? The way it's coming
>> down it won't melt until the 4th of July! The snowplow
>> got stuck down the road and the shithead actually had the
>> balls to come and ask to borrow a shovel! I told him I'd
>> broken 6 already this season.
>>
>> Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house. We
>> went to the store to get some food and a god damn deer ran
>> out in front of my car and I hit the bastard. It did $3,000
>> in damage to the car. Those beasts ought to be killed. The
>> hunters should have a longer season if you ask me.
>>
>> Jan. 27 - Warmed up a little and rained
>> today. The rain turned the snow into ice and the weight of
>> it broke the main limb of the oak tree in the frontyard and
>> it went through the roof. I should have cut that old piece
>> of shit into fireplace wood when I had the chance.
>>
>> May 23 - Took my car to the local garage.
>> Would you believe the whole underside of the car is rusted
>> away from all of that damn salt they dump on the road? Car
>> looks like a bashed up, heap of rusted cow shit.
>>
>> May 10 - Sold the car, the house, and
>> moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their
>> freakin' mind would ever want to live in God-forsaken
>> Upstate New York.



Beth and Christian Brunelle


4 comments:

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

hee,hee,hee, couldn't have said it better!

Anonymous said...

I don't think that "you" could have said it better if you tried! I really get your misery after reading that!
A.J.

Amy Coffman Phillips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Coffman Phillips said...

downstate isn't so bad. ;)