Friday, February 27, 2009

His new spectacles


004, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Owen got his classes today. The ride home he must have said, "WOW!" 20 times. He said the difference was absolutely amazing and he could even read the speed limit signs. He's super excited and now he's begging for sports glasses to use during soccer. I suppose that will be next. Owen had a good day. In addition to his glasses, he was chosen to have lunch w/ their special guest today at school, Tiny Glover, who is a performer/story teller. Each teacher chose one child from each class to eat lunch w/ him and Owen was it. He seems to get chosen for everything (lucky kid!) student council, special concerts, leading the class in activities, etc. It's been like that every school year for him. I hope life is always going to be that easy for him. I have a feeling it will be.

5 comments:

Spindler Clan said...

So wonderful when you can see clearly...I totally remember that feeling in 5th grade when I got my glasses. He looks great in them...are they the same as Em's?

Anonymous said...

How exciting. Owen your glasses rock!
Amy Jo

Crazycarmella said...

I love them! There is just something about a kid with glasses...I just adore them.

Toni said...

Lookin' good Owen! So glad he can see the world as it really is now. I can't wait to see Henry in glasses in a couple of years- JUST KIDDING! HAHA! Glasses suit your boys well!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Those are good looking glasses and he looks wonderful in them. I remember the first day I got my glasses....I couldn't believe the detail everywhere.