Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Changing Emmett's sleep schedule

As you know....Emmett is my extreme early bird. To bed around 530 - 6 PM. Up around 5 AM. Eddie and I decided this week that this needs to change. It's not as if he bothers us when he gets up at 5. He goes downstairs quietly and gets himself breakfast and watches TV. BUT, we are trying to limit TV and by the time I make my way downstairs around 630-7, he has already watched 1.5 - 2 hours of TV. Too much. Plus, Eddie misses out on anytime w/ him in the evening. So, this week we have held him up to around 7-730 every evening hoping that his body will eventually adjust. It hasn't worked yet. He's been up around 5-530 every morning and he's SUPER tired. But, we're sticking w/ it. Hoping he will adjust. For his sake and ours :)

PS Why does it seem that I am CONSTANTLY blogging about my kids sleep patterns???

PPS I still don't have the results back from the sleep studies yet. It's been 2 weeks. I should have them any day now.

2 comments:

Amy Axe said...

So, you may not want to hear this, but that is how my kids were until just this year. Kelley and I tried and tried to push bedtime back and it never once worked. They always ended up tired, sick and grumpy. This is the first year that they have started doing it on their own. They go down between 7-8 and are up between 6-7. It is so much better for our family schedule. I hope that it works better for you, but there is hope that he will do it on his own in time.

Anonymous said...

I know my kids are younger than yours but I would highly recommend waiting 10 more days until the national time change. We push our clocks forward on March 8th. So, you might be able to get him to automatically shift one hour during that week without changing anything major. We always have a hard time with time changes but it might work out perfectly for you this time!
Maggie