Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good-bye, Mama.


My mom left early this AM and I spent the rest of the day, in between tears, trying to remember where my laundry room and dish soap is located. We had SUCH a wonderful time. And, I (and the boys) miss her already. I suspect Eddie misses her, too, because when she's here I don't call him at work a thousand times. And, I don't call every 5 minutes starting around 5 pm saying, "When ya coming home?" "When ya coming home?". We got TONS done while she was here. Between me and the boys, I squeezed in 7 doctor visits, 2 sleep studies (more on that later), 1 trip to the lab, 1 xray, 1 surgery (Owen's teeth pulled), 2 visits w/ my personal trainer, 2 days of volunteering in Owen and Emmett's classes, 1 car at the shop all day, 2 movies at the theater, one day w/ Eddie (alone!), 3 days of work, and 1 parent teacher conference. These are all glorious things done w/ out kiddos tagging along. Or, really nice to do (doctor's visits) w/ only one kiddo. In my mom's spare time, she completely cleaned my basement including going through every single tupperware, sorting, and making a garage sale pile. She scrubbed things that I'm not sure have ever been cleaned (like the top of our living room ceiling fan), and the bottoms of my boys mattresses. But, one of my fave things about having her here is sitting on the couch in the evening, watching TV and chatting. I love my mom. I'm so lucky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our Moms! They rock. A.J.

Anonymous said...

I miss you and love you, too. We are sooooo lucky to have each other! MOM

Spindler Clan said...

I love your mom too!!! :)

Toni said...

Your mom is super special and she's raised a super special daughter too!