Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another one bites the dust.....

I took Owen back to the eye doctor today after failing yet ANOTHER eye exam at school. He's also been complaining about things being blurry. Plus, he got marked off on a paper at school because he wrote the date on the board as the 23rd and it was really the 25th. He said he couldn't see it right. It kills him to not get a perfect score especially on something so silly. But, I had him at the eye doctor in November and he was borderline at that point (20 X 50) and they don't usually correct for that. So, of course insurance won't pay for another eye exam since it's been less then one year. What's a mom to do??? I took him back and paid for it out of pocket. $280.00 later, Owen has glasses. His vision was 20 X 80 in one eye and 20 X 100 in the other. YIKES! We pick the glasses up tomorrow, stay tuned for photos!

2 comments:

Toni said...

YIKES! That's some BIG changes in his eyes so quickly! SUCH a good mom to just 'getter done'! Making me feel so GUILTY!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You're such a good mommy! :) I can't wait to see pics of him - I bet they're adorable. I feel for him too. I bet it just killed him to be marked off over the date being wrong!

AAB