Monday, February 2, 2009

The new me!

I am tired of being house bound. Snow sucks. Winter sucks. It's so wonderful that my mom is here now.....it's really helping to break up the winter blahs. But, I have to make sure I don't go back to hibernating as soon as she leaves. Literally, I could spend DAYS in my pajamas. Not going anywhere. Not doing anything. And, while I enjoy it for a day or two. Past that it's not good for me. Not good for mental health. So, while my mom was here I decided it was time to join a gym. Everywhere else we've lived I've worked out. It's not just the exercising. It's the hour to myself during the day. The quiet. Endorphins. So, I joined the gym that most of my friends around here belong to. It's very reasonably priced. 99 dollars for a one time fee and then 9 dollars a month for as long as you're a member. Plus, there is child care for one dollar per child. In addition, two free hours w/ a personal trainer is included. So, today I did it. And, now I'm in LOVE w/ my personal trainer. WOW! It was great (even though I'm having trouble walking). He was SO reassuring and convincing, but yet he still pushed me to keep going. It was a little embarrassing. He weighed me, body fat, measurements, etc. But, he said that he would have never guessed that I weigh what I do. (brownie points). And, that my body fat percentage isn't THAT bad (more brownie points). And, that I don't have to lose as much weight as I think that I do (brownie points). AND, at one point while I was doing leg weights he added weights and said, "Are you sure you haven't worked out in a while." (brownie points). And, he said I wasn't the fattest person he has ever trained (extra, extra brownie points :)). It was kind of funny. I had three friends that were there the same time that I was this AM. They kept waving at me :). So, I signed up for 14 more half hour sessions. Hopefully, that will be incentive enough to get me out the door during this NASTY winter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on Megan! Working out is the only way that I get through winter and our winter is like summer compared to yours.
A.J.

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME Megan! You're going to be looking smokin' hot when we go to the Lake in April! :)

AAB

Toni said...

Awesome! Way to go Megan! You're going to love the way you feel (and look!).

life with my boys... said...

I LOVE seeing you there. Hopefully I'll see you Wednesday as well!
:)

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

go meg! good for you. i live for my gym time not cause i love to workout but because i feel so good afterward and i get some time to myself to just listen to music or read or whatever. you'll be glad you joined.

Erica said...

LOVE THIS POST! YOU GO, GIRL!