Thursday, February 19, 2009

Perspective...


006, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

One of the best parts of my mom being here was that she helped me changed my perspective about Henry. I needed a reality check. I got it. Now, I'm enjoying my little bugger more and more....
What did she do you ask? She reminded me over and over (and over and over and over) about how EASY Henry was. It got me thinking. He is easy. Why did I ever think he was tough? He smiles CONSTANTLY. He rarely cries. He gets into things...but not near what other kids get into. I don't have my cabinets locked and he RARELY gets into things. He listens (more often then not) when I say no. He doesn't dart or run from me. Yes, he does scream. But, only when he wants something. And, it's very specific. It's his form of communicating. He's happy ALL the time. He loves everyone. He sleeps all night most of the time. EASY. He's EASY. (thanks, mom).

7 comments:

Toni said...

YES! love getting reality checks! He is easy (for a one year old)!!
That haircut makes him look OLD!

Anonymous said...

What a doll! I just want to hug him. Thank heaven for Moms to give us thos reality checks when we need them!
A.J.

Jeanne Oliver said...

It is nice to get those little reminders sometimes. He is so darn cute!!!!

MAEE said...

Wow! And beginning to look more and more like Emmet!

Crazycarmella said...

Life is all about perspectives isn't it? Always leave it to our Mommas to straighten them out!

Toni said...

Geez Jess... getting all wise in your older age, eh?! HA! You are SO right!

And YES! I thought these pics looked just like Em too!

Crazycarmella said...

I know, call me 'Old Faithful' HA!