Sunday, February 15, 2009

My sick little guy...

I went to the gym twice last week and took Emmett and Henry. It felt really, really good and the boys did great. Today Henry woke up w/ a 102 degree fever. Coincidence? I think not. This is why my kids don't go to daycare. Good news is that it is the weekend and Eddie's off tomorrow, so I was able to go to the gym today and I'm meeting w/ my trainer again tomorrow. My baby boy is pretty sick. As I said he woke up w/ a fever of 102 (no other symptoms) went back to bed a few hours later. It was during this time that I ran to the store and gym. When I got home, Henry was still asleep. 5 hours later!!! Seriously. Eddie didn't check on him!!! We had the monitor on and it was up loudly. He said he could hear him off and on moving around. I immediately went up to check on him and he woke upon me coming in. He then had a temp of 104. He seemed OK. He walked around and played, but then fell asleep in my arms 1 1/2 hours later. We kind of kept him up.....and he went to bed around 630. So, he slept all night. Was up for 2 hours. Slept for 5. Up for 4 (w/ a brief nap in between) and is now back asleep. Poor guy is sick. He's also at seizure age. It's going to be a long night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, so sorry to hear that Henry is sick. Poor little guy. I was going to tell you about this elderberry syrup that we all take, during the fall and winter, and it keeps us pretty darn healthy for the most part. I buy it at Whole Foods or Vitamin Cottage. It is called Sambucus Black Elderberry Sugar Free Syrup. I like the sugar free one, but they have others. My kids don't like the ones with other things in it, just the elderberry and rasberry flavors. It is a natural anti-viral remedy. I love it and the kids love it too. Could help? A.J.

MAEE said...

Wow, Megan. Between you and me we are keeping the pediatric staff in Syracuse pretty busy. I hope Henry's well soon. And that no one else catches anything else this winter!

Toni said...

GEEZ! You'd think you all could catch a break?! I'm glad you're making the trips to the gym anyway! The syrup sounds like something you should try...IF you can get any of them to try it! HA!

Alison said...

MAN...your kiddos are ALWAYS sick. That's rough for you all! Here's to a healthier spring!