Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On the mend...I think....

Yesterday was a rough day for my little guy. We saw his pediatrician in the AM (she called and checked on him in the evening. Said she had him on her mind and wanted to check on him. Isn't she wonderful?) At the office yesterday and at home, he was held constantly. And, he hardly picked his head up off of my shoulder. Very , very different then his normal behavior. The pediatrician and his fave nurse kept saying...WOW! He must be sick. This isn't our Henry. She said that she thought he had an adenovirus that's going around all over. High fever for 5 days. But, she also said he sounded very wheezy. Surprising to me, because he's not even coughing. She did a breathing treatment in the office and said he sounded MUCH better. So, she expected that in the next few days he will have bronchiolitis. I'm now nebbing him 3 times a day. It makes me a little nervous, because it was almost a year ago to this day that Henry spent a week in the hospital w/ RSV and bronchiolitis. February is stinky. Bonus side to him being sick: he slept 19 hours of the day yesterday. Doesn't that rock? 2 three hour naps and he slept 13 hours last night, before I woke him up to take the big boys to soccer camp. My big boys NEVER sleep when they're sick. NEVER. I'm loving this turn of events :). Henry seems a little bit better today. Smiling periodically. Pointing his finger. Screaming when he wants something. My little guy again.

3 comments:

Toni said...

UGH! That's one sick Henry to sleeeeeep sooooo much! Lots of mending going on during rest! Thank goodness! Kisses to you all!

Anonymous said...

Glad he's on the mend. I can't believe it's been a year since you guys had to cancel the water park! Time flies, but April can't get here soon enough! :)

AAB

MAEE said...

Wow. Good to know he's able to sleep. Sounds like that's what his body is asking for. FYI sounds a lot like what Eamonn just went through. Ended up with him having pheumonia and that was strange to me cause he wasn't even coughing that much.