Saturday, February 7, 2009

Thawing out....


Bville is warming up, y'all.......a high of 49 degrees! WOW! Now, I know that this is not a warm up like many of you, my friends, are experiencing. Yes, yes I know. You in Fort Collins had three days last week of 65 degrees. Yes, I know St. Louis was 70 degrees today. I get it. But, the weather here stinks, remember? So, 49 degrees is something to get excited about. Owen had two soccer games today and in between I made the kids go outside briefly. It stinks though, because there is still SO MUCH snow that the kids can't really ride their bikes or run around. So, short of putting snow suits on there's not much the kids can do outside. STINKS! The best piece of news I can get from this so called warm up is that (hopefully) the worst part of winter is over. (hopefully) We will see grass soon. (hopefully) It won't be long before I can send my kids outside to play without them spending an hour getting dressed and undressed. One huge difference between the first child and third child: this was the first time Henry has touched snow. I am NOT putting him in a big snowsuit and dragging him outside. NOT A CHANCE! Of course, I did w/ Owen. I couldn't wait to see his reaction. Now, I'm old enough and wise enough to know that his time will come soon enough. And, he's certainly not missing what he doesn't know to miss.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He is so stinkin' cute. Love the hat!

Anonymous said...

Love that hat! Glad that you guys are thawing out.
A.J.

Toni said...

He looks too old in this picture!!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

I agree...Benjamin never gets all bundled up like the others did. I'm too tired now Megan!!:-) I also wanted to let you know that I am having a big giveaway to celebrate my one year anniversary...would love to have you enter.