Monday, December 29, 2008

Thank you, dental insurance.

I took Owen to visit the oral surgeon today and he discussed his upcoming tooth extraction. It involves putting him to sleep, an IV, and intravenous anesthesia. All for two little baby teeth that are going to fall out someday anyway. I can hardly stand it. But, what's a mom to do? It's what both the orthodontist and oral surgeon recommended (after seeing Owen's x-rays). He said that a LOT of kids are having it done to prepare for orthodontia. All in the name of straight teeth. Anyway, it's scheduled for January 26. After the visit I asked Owen how he felt about it and he says, "I feel like I want to do it now and get it over with." Pretty mature for a little guy, I think. Our dental insurance pays for all $675.00 of it, thankfully. Without the insurance, I'm afraid I would probably choose to let the teeth fall out on their own...the way God intended.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor O! :( I feel his pain though - my dad pulled 8 of my teeth at once (4 baby and 4 permanent) when I was 8 so I could get braces too. Not fun at the time, but worth it in the end!

AAB

Toni said...

OH MY! AAB can't be telling the truth?! That's nuts. Tell Owen to count his blessings when compared to that story! Yikes!