Monday, December 8, 2008

Dear Neighbors,

So you may have had heard me screaming at the top of my lungs Friday night, "EDDIE!!! Let me in. Let me in. God d*** it!" You may have seen me pounding on my front door and throwing rocks at the window. I promise you were not witnessing a domestic dispute. There is no need to be concerned for my happiness or safety. There is a much simpler explanation: I locked myself out of the house. I forgot to put the key back on my key chain when you returned it, Mrs. Sue. So, when I got home from work at midnight, I was locked out. After a long time banging the front door, calling him on the phone, and ringing the door bell, I had to resort to serious measures. The light was on in the bedroom, so I figured he was still awake, (good thing or he would have NEVER heard me...then I would have come to your house :)) and THAT is why you heard me screaming. PS My next move was to get the ladder out to climb up to the window. I'm sure glad I didn't have to do that.

4 comments:

MAEE said...

Oh, Megan. I feel your pain. If only we could sleep so soundly. One night I did the same thing and ended up breaking one of the window panes in the back door so I could let myself in. The most frustrating part was watching my basset hound wag her tail as I'm doing all this.

Unknown said...

We all have a story like that, or know that we should....I wonder when it will happen to me?
The only way to get through life sometimes is to laugh HYSTERICALLY at these experiences!!!

Erica said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I am laughing so hard right now. So glad you got in. Oh my! Good storytelling!! Love it!

Spindler Clan said...

You know I have your spare key over here so I hope the next time you get locked out you just call me...don't worry about what time it is! I am not sleeping anyway these days!