Thursday, December 4, 2008

OK, OK...I take it back...


059, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

(except for the weenie whacking part. I'm quite serious about that.). Henry slept for 20 minutes and woke up crying. I went in and tried to rock him back to sleep (his eyes were closed the whole time). As I'm rocking him, I almost didn't want to lay him back in bed. This poem keeps running through my head, you know the one that says, "quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep....I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep." So, after rocking him a little longer then usual, I laid him back down where he continues to sleep 2 hours later. My dear friend, Jill, offered to bring Emmett home from school. Cause that is, of course, the other hard part. He will just fall asleep when I have to wake him to pick Emmett up. Emmett got home. We did some reading, workbooks, and played Memory and he's now glued to the TV. It's quiet and I'm happy. I love them all again (yes, even you, Henry.) It's amazing what such a brief amount of peace and quiet can do for you psyche.

1 comment:

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

yeah its such a roller coaster of emotions this parenting thing. there are seriously days i say to myself "i'm going to tell my girls never to have kids, its too damn much work!" but its funny how fast you regret such thoughts. glad i'm not the only one that thinks like this. : )