Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas books

I get my little munchkins Christmas books every year. Hard book, signed on the inside w/ the year, wrapped and put under the tree. I usually buy next years books right after Christmas when they're 50% off at Borders, so I already have this years books. But, I'm looking for YOUR opinions about the best children's Christmas book, so I have a list for next year. Leave me a comment. For the record, my current faves are: Are You Grumpy, Santa? and Toot and Puddle: I'll Be Home for Christmas.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wombat Divine by Mem Fox. I liked it long before we moved to Australia. :)

Anonymous said...

I do that same thing! Love it. My favorites are any Jan Brett book. Gingerbread Baby is my favorite one of hers.
A.J.

Jeanne Oliver said...

I agree with Amy Jo about the Jan Brett books, but I also have some other suggestions. I love beautifully illustrated books...here are a few of my favorites..The Visit by Mark Moulton, The Christmas Miracle of Jonathon Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski and The Littlest Angel by Charles Tazewell.

MAEE said...

I agree with The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey and will add the out of print Merry Christmas, Ernest and Celestine, by Gabrielle Vincent. You can buy it used on Amazon and usually in good condition. Matthew bought me a copy our first Christmas together.

Anonymous said...

Not quite a Christmas book but one of my faves for the holidays is Snowmen at Night. It's creative and fun and would probably be great for Henry. Not too long. My boys love it.
Maggie