Friday, June 5, 2009

Sorry it's blurry...but maybe it's cause he's so fast


015, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Owen has a nickname developing. Not sure how it came about or who started it. He's now often called "Wheels". I think it's because he's so fast. This is quarantine day 4. I took him to his soccer game. He's been invited to play w/ his CNY United U10 team, because they were short a player for outdoor season. It's a HUGE honor. Out of the 14 kiddos, 3 are U9 players and he's the ONLY U8 player. The remaining 10 are U10 players, so they are 2 years older then him. And, he does a great job. He even had a goal last night. He's had a slight growth spurt, too, and even though he's STILL the smallest out there it's not quite as obvious, especially when he plays w/ his true U8 team. We often talk about one of his fave players, who plays for Barcelona, Messi (not sure if I'm spelling it right). He's only 5'7 and he was named player of the year this year. That makes Owen feel good. My little soccer stud. I'm going to try to pony up as make money as I can this summer to let him go to the soccer camps that he wants to (um..which is all of them...all summer long). This is the age where extra training probably does help AND he begs to go. If someday he didn't want to...I wouldn't push him. But, for now, he begs to go. So, we're going to try to provide him w/ the opportunity to be as good as he can be.

1 comment:

Toni said...

lucky, lucky boy to have parents so willing to provide. I think he's DEFINITELY found his sport!