Sunday, June 7, 2009

The ladies


038, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

A dear friend of mine is moving, Robin. She's the one in the front on the left, in black, wearing strategically placed sunglasses to mask her tears. She has been a great friend the past 3 years. She's moving back to Boston...to be closer to family...and closer to where her soul resides. We had a going away party today for her at a park in town. This group of ladies are my closest, dearest friends here. We don't always get together as much as we like, but everytime we do our kids fall into place and have a great time...and so do we. Robin moving away means I claim the spot as the youngest in the group (Robin is younger then me by 4 months). :) Despite that, Bville won't be the same without the Berry Family.

I find it a bit depressing that a small handful of friends have left in the 3.5 years I have lived here. It's hard to be left :). And, I still hope that someday our day to move on will come...on our terms. So we can live closer to where our soul resides.

3 comments:

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

i know how she feels - i was lucky enough to move home this year. and i hope you guys do soon as well. where does your soul reside? colorado or the midwest?

Anonymous said...

So sad that you're loosing a good friend. That is always hard, but it looks like you still have a great crew to hang out with! I remember when we lost you! A very sad goodbye!
AJ

Toni said...

Colorado, right?????!!!!!!!

You are so blessed with such great, active friends and I love how all the families get together. Way fun!