Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My decision

Thanks for the advice, all. I decided to take the Tamiflu. I don't think the illness Owen has (fever continuesd yesterday, nothing yet today) and my continuing cough, headache, etc is the swine flu but I'm tired of being sick. Tired of the kids being sick. I'm taking the tamiflu and an antibiotic, we're staying inside the next few days, and I'm thinking that this will be the end of our sick :). My swine flu exposure was last Tuesday night, and if I'm not sick by tonight then I won't be getting it AND I'll continue to take the preventative medicine....just in case.


Interestingly, Onondaga county has passed a new policy requiring EVERY child who has a fever to remain OUT of the school system for 7 days once the fever STOPS. Talk about overkill? And, seriously, how many other parents (like those who work full time) are going to keep their kids out of school A WEEK after their child's fever ends? But...I''ll be a "good mom" and keep Owen out of school until next Tuesday unless his fever comes back today and then it will be even longer....Oh, and I suppose I couldn't get away w/ sending him even if I wanted to since the school nurse is aware of his fever and said to me "we'll see him next week :))". I'm thinking about calling the rest of his school a wash and just not send him back.....

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That is ridiculous. I cannot believe it!