Friday, June 12, 2009

And it continues...

I went to Owen's soccer game yesterday w/ another soccer mom and her son. The game was 40 minutes away and I had no idea where we were going, Eddie stayed home w/ Emmett and Henry, and so, we carpooled. I was fine on the drive there. But literally, as soon as we got there, my body was aching. My legs hurt so bad, that even though, we normally stand the whole game, I grabbed a towel and sat down. I felt worse and worse as the game went on and the drive home was miserable. I was freezing. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk in the door. I climbed in my bed and took my temp and it was 102.6! Adults aren't meant to have fevers. My boys can have fevers that high and still be bouncing around the house, but I was not well. My lower back hurt more then everything and a few minutes of Eddie watching me lay there crying, he decided we needed to go to Urgent Care. He called Troy's mom, Jen, to come over and stay w/ the kids (and bless her heart, she cleaned my whole kitchen and family room while we were gone. Every last dish. Every last crumb on the kitchen floor. Can you believe it?) At Urgent Care, my temp was still 102, even though I took Motrin an hour prior and my heart rate was really high. They said I was way too hot and gave me Tylenol. After blood work, urine tests, and a flu swab (I'm STILL on the preventative stuff! It was negative), they said I had a "silent" urinary tract infection. Who knew? Completely asymptomatic except for the slight lower back pain I've had over the last few days. UGH! As far as I'm concerned this is the absolute best case scenario: easily treatable and not contagious. Yahoo! After getting my first dose of anitbiotic in the Urgent Care, we got home around 1115 last night.

This AM, I feel quite a bit better. My fever is down and this makes all the difference. I'm not sure of the last time I had a fever like this....I really can't remember. As every mom out there knows, it's not easy taking care of a baby when you feel poopy. My big boys are on autopilot but Henry doesn't really seem to want to sit still and watch TV. Hopefully, all will be better quickly. 2 doses of antibiotics now down. And, next time I won't ignore that nagging back pain.

My mom comes for a visit in 2 days. That will help, too. She makes my world so much better.

5 comments:

Alison said...

I officially think you should sell your house. Don't know if it's old or not, but there is clearly bad juju there. GET OUT!!!

:)

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

yikes, honey. so glad your mom is coming. you had those "silent" infections while you were pregnant, didn't you?

Toni said...

Soooo sad for you and all the pain! But even more HAPPY for you that your mom is coming for a visit!!!! Makes me think about my visit there last summer with you guys. Such wonderful days ahead! Enjoy!

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

john's brother just had a silent urinary infection that landed him in the hospital for a week. he said it was the worst pain he was ever in and they at first were diagnosing him with the flu for a few days.
i guess i'm glad my UTIs hurt so i know that i have one!

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

john's brother just had a silent urinary infection that landed him in the hospital for a week. he said it was the worst pain he was ever in and they at first were diagnosing him with the flu for a few days.
i guess i'm glad my UTIs hurt so i know that i have one!