Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Will you allow me.....

a small moment of self pity? It will only take a second. Believe me, I understand how lucky we are. I KNOW how sick Henry was and what could have happened (hello...they don't just put kids in the ICU for fun). And, how wonderful that he got sick here where all of our family is. And, what a blessing that we are at St. Louis Children's Hopsital. I shudder when I think what could have happened if we were somewhere else. They moved soooo quickly.
So...self pity, just for a small moment. I'm tired. Really, really tired. Physically, emotionally exhausted. I really, really miss my big boys. I miss my bed. I miss the shower and my toothbrush. I miss fresh air. Did I mention how tired I was? I'm super happy that Henry is now awake and alert and responding. But, I'm not sure his super irritable behavior is a good trade. He's miserable and is literally crying constantly. He's not sleeping well, so that doesn't help. He finally fell asleep around 10 tonight. But, he's getting breathing treatments every 4 hours, full assessments every 2, and he's still pooping during the night. Also, our room is close to the helicopter landing pad and it's really, really busy (and, OMG! LOUD!). Also, I thought Henry was going to transfer to a regular unit, get better, and maybe we could go home tomorrow night. That's looking like less and less of a possibility. He's still not drinking. He still has an IV. He's still pooping. His asthma is worse. And, he's covered in a rash. Will be lucky if we get back to Eville by Thursday, at this rate. Which means we won't leave to go back to Bville until Saturday and it's play off weekend for Owen's soccer team and he is going to be absolutely crushed to miss those games. Crushed. UGH!
Ok...I'm done. I'm now remembering how sick my baby boy was and how I prayed that I would hear him scream again. So, so thankful....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give yourself a big hug from me! You deserve it.
Love,
A.J.

Spindler Clan said...

You my dear are entitled to some self-pity! Honestly I don't know how you do it all! love and hugs from me!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Meg. It's okay to be down. You've had a VERY rough few days.

AAB

Anonymous said...

Oh Megan, I just read everything. I'm soo glad that he is on the road to recovery and we will be thinking about you guys. I'm glad your family was there to support you.

Tam

JulyG319 said...

Oh Megan, you are so entitled to vent and have a little self pity. It's a lot to go through and if you couldn't vent a bit to your friends you'd probably implode.
I really really hope that things improve soon and you can all get a good nights sleep at home once again!
BIG BIG hugs to you all!
~Julie

beth said...

sending comforting thoughts your way and keeping you all in my prayers.

found out about this via erica's blog.

Toni said...

By all means.... complain all you want; we'll listen and then you can move on a little bit lighter!

You've been through A LOT! It will be so much better soon!

Luvs!!

Rudd Family said...

You deserve some complaint time! We are all so glad Henry is doing better but it has been such a tough week for you all.

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

virtual hugs, honey. let me know if you need anything. thinking of you always. a