Sunday, April 5, 2009

Waiting for our luck to change....

I came home from the hospital Friday night and was greeted w/ at least 10 loads of laundry. As I was tackling them on Saturday, my washing machine broke. It was 9 years old and has lived a long, full life...but seriously, did it have to go NOW??? I'm spending my Sunday searching for a new washing machine.

And, Owen started complaining about his ear hurting again last night (rating his pain at a 5/6 out of 10....he does the pain scale expertly now. He did it a kajillion times at the hospital). On the left side. The side w/ the infection. That was one of his original complaints. He never had an ear infection. It just hurt from all the swelling. Today he rates it a a 2/10. Better, but still he was at a 0/10 the day he left the hospital and all day yesterday until the evening when it started hurting. I hope this doesn't mean that the oral antibiotics they sent him home on aren't going to be strong enough. UGH!

5 comments:

JulyG319 said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his pains goes down to 0 and stays there!
And I wish you luck in finding a new washing machine.....I have about ten loads of laundry staring at me but I'm trying to find other things to do instead....bad of me I know but I swear I'll tackle it tomorrow when the kids are back in school. ;)

Toni said...

I guess you just focus on the positive- yeah for a new washer!

Anonymous said...

At least you can find a fun new washer! Don't get an LG. We've had problem after problem with ours and they are hard to service. GOOD LUCK!
A.J.

Erica said...

That darn laundry!!! See, did we jinx you just BLOGGING about it last week!!?
Krista loves her machine I think..maybe shoot her an email and see what she's got.
Ours is probably 10 years old, and we've had to replace the motor in the dryer once already. Grrr!
Praying for O!

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

wow meg i'm a little behind on your blog, on everyone's blog for that matter! i never imagined you'd have so much to share. i can't tell you how much i feel you and your family. i was reading all your latest owen and henry stories and kept repeating to john, i don't know how she does it? how do you hold it together through all of this? not many moms could. you are the strongest mom i know, you should be proud of yourself, seriously, you deserve an award and a lifetime of health in your family. you poor thing! hang in there.