Friday, April 17, 2009

Today


094, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

I know that I am behind on my posts.

Excuses? I'm having soooo much fun and not a lot of down time. I will go back and tell you more.

But, l'm going to start w/ today. Now.

I'm in the Ozarks. On the lake. Southern Missouri. With our super good friends, Amy and Jeff. Amy and Jeff have been our dear friends since high school. 16 years worth. We went to proms together.

Today, we are in the Ozarks together. Amy's mom and dad have a beautiful condo (on the water) here and my mom graciously offered to babysit for a birthday present. We left Thursday evening and are not planning on coming back until Sunday evening. That's a lot of time together. Alone. It's quiet. Gloriously quiet.

We went out to breakfast today and in between shopped at the outlet malls and other stores. Went out to dinner and now we are lazily lounging on the couch watching the Blues game. Quiet. Gloriously quiet.

But, just to throw a slight wrench in our plans: Henry is puking. My mom called this afternoon to share that news with me. It's 11 pm now and he's puked 5 times and had numerous bouts of diarrhea. I know that she doesn't want us to come home, but if he continues to puke we are probably going to have to come home early.....sucks.
At least we have today.

This photo was taken at our dinner location, the Horny Toad.

3 comments:

Rudd Family said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Glad you are having fun at the lake. Thanks for Croc shopping for us.

Toni said...

Oh, I'm SO jealous! Enjoy every second! I have a feeling Henry will turn around quick and you'll be able to continue your birthday trip!!

PS- have missed your posts so very much. Glad you're back on board!

Spindler Clan said...

Looks like a wonderful place! I am sorry about Henry! Poor little guy! Can't catch a break can you? Hopefully he feels better soon!