Friday, April 24, 2009

Today was a good day.

No puke. No hospitals. Very little diarrhea. No fevers. No complaints. Sunshine. 75 degrees. Shopping by myself. Baby brother came back from college and suprised us. Great day.

Our plan, as of now, is to leave Saturday morn and head back to Bville. We might have been able to leave Friday morn and make it home by late, late Friday night (so Owen could make his soccer games on Saturday). But, I think it might be pushing it. So, we're going to take one more day of rest and head home on Saturday.

Looking back on the whole thing, I'm grateful for so many things. It could have been worse (although, not much). I can't help but wonder what would have happened if we weren't at such a great pediatric hospital. Or, if we had been en route to Bville when this went down. Or, if the ER doc had sent us home as he was going to originally. It's a blessing that we were in St. Louis, surrounded by family. But I feel so blessed, too, that there were so, so many of you out there praying for Henry and our family. Prayer chains. Lots of good karma. Good thinking and wishes. AND, so, so many of you offered to help our family. Bring us food, clothes, a mattress (thanks, Joanna!)...if we would have been there much longer, I would have taken you all up on them. I appreciate it. We appreciate it. Thank you all.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Sounds like a good plan. Wishing you an easy trip home!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god again! Meg I am shocked to read
Your latest posts I've fallen behind and I feel
Terrible.your poor boys this isn't fair
I dont pray much so who knows if he'll listen
But god needs to give your family a break this year
Health has to be around the corner! I caN't believe how
Much you all have Been through I so wish
I was closer and could be of some help so
Happy you have so much support tho. Take
Care hang in there and know u are one strong
Mama u amaze me!
Love christa