Sunday, October 12, 2008

YUM!


393, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

I tried really, really hard to get over my extreme fear of choking, and I let Henry have an apple (a whole apple...skin and all...not cut into really small wedges or food processed). I think my big boys were 2 or 3 before I ever gave them chokable fruits: apples, blueberries, grapes. And, I have this feeling that they won't eat fruit (well, Owen won't) because they weren't exposed early enough. Anyway, Henry LOVED it! And, he choked twice (once bigger than the other).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great job Megan, letting him eat it like a big boy. I have the same fear.
How can you resist the cute chubby fingers holding the apple, and the sounds he makes chewing it, you can tell he LOVES that apple!

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

chokable fruit, eh? awkward. i've been giving ellie blueberries and 1/2 grapes since she was oh, 9 months maybe? oops! she loves them.