Tuesday, October 21, 2008

11 months old


021, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

My baby turned 11 months old on Sunday. It's really hard for me to believe that almost a whole year has gone by.....I'm not ready for him to be "big" yet, but I'm excited about seeing the kind of boy/man he turns into. He's changed A LOT in the past month. He's still not walking and doesn't really even seem that close to it, but he pulls up to standing everywhere. He can climb the stairs, and he's a master crawler. He's FINALLY turned into a momma's boy, and screams when I hand him off to most people (even Eddie). Although, if he's in a good mood, which he usually is...it doesn't last long. He hates his car seat and if we are in a new environment (store, park, etc.) he wants DOWN to explore. This isn't fun (because he's not walking) and I hate letting him CRAWL on the floor of the McDonald's bathroom! His high pitched scream that he mastered last month is starting to fade. THANK GOODNESS! And, he doesn't sit in a grocery cart or stroller very well. I usually take his red push car w/ us to run errands because he sits in that just fine (as long as I keep moving). He has five teeth. And he breastfed for the last time on Friday (boo hoo). He still has continuous colds, but hasn't had an ear infection since his tubes were placed last month. He still hasn't been vaccinated (because of his colds) since 4 months. He babbles a lot and says uh-oh all the time. He claps and prays and hums along to music. He eats pretty much anything, but his faves are blueberry and cheese (oh...and cheetos!). He sleeps all night most nights, but sometimes we have to go in and put his pacifier back in his mouth. He likes to be held around the house and so I spend a lot of time holding him walking in circles (remember those days, ladies?). He cries if someone goes outside w/o him and if the big boys go out w/o him, when he finally stops crying he stands at the back door watching and waiting (see photo). Oh...and he's absolutely as adorable as he was since the moment he was born. We hear lots of "OMG! Look at those eyes." And, he is called SHE a lot! (even in blue). Apparently, he's too pretty to be a boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, he is so beautiful. I can't believe that he is almost one!
Amy Jo

Toni said...

What a cutie! He's only going to get more and more fun!

Rudd Family said...

So sweet. This is exactly the kinda stuff I want to remember about my boys. I must be feeling very sentimental because this post made me teary-eyed. You summed up exactly how I have been feeling about being excited to see who they become but sad to see them grow so fast. Bittersweet...