Friday, October 17, 2008

One of a kind


040, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Owen has taken a particular interest in hurricanes. It all started w/ the arrival of Hurricane Ike. He was glued to the TV and computer checking where it was headed and what the damage might be. He currently spends most free time, at home and at school, researching hurricanes. Quiz him. He could tell you the names and years of TONS of hurricanes. As if this wasn't enough, he decided to fill a composition notebook w/ the names and years of hurricanes....all in the name of fun. Crazy kid. He took his hurricane notebook to school today to show his teacher. When he got home I asked him what his teacher said. He said, "Ummm...I've never had a student quite like you, Owen."

3 comments:

iowaguelys said...

sounds like he inherited someones (I'm not saying who, Meg) LOVE for the weather...:)

Toni said...

HAHAAHAHAHAAHAA! Yes, Owen is quite the unique student/child!!! What was the list he shared with me early this summer? Was it a list of the different languages and how many people he knew that spoke them?

Jeanne Oliver said...

This is totally something Jack would do:-) I am so glad that you found my blog...I have sure loved reading yours!