Friday, October 17, 2008

Henry


007, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Before his haircut!

Tuesday was haircut day for the whole Bauer clan. Henry's FIRST haircut! That morning we went to another pumpkin patch w/ our good friend, The Spindler's, from there to My Gym to play, and then for haircuts. Henry did a great job. No crying. He was very interested in what the stylist was doing and tried to grab her scissors a few times. Owen on the other hand spent Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning crying like a hormonal pre-teenager!!! (seriously, at the age of 7 1/2!). He never wants his haircut, and this time I had her cut off a little more than usual and he FLIPPED! I had to listen to things like, "I'm not the same person w/ my hair this short." "No one likes short hair." etc, etc. OMG! Thank goodness I don't have girls, this was enough to put me over the edge. But, lesson learned, I'm picking my battles. I may never cut Owen's hair again.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Tooo much! We've always said Owen is the closest thing you'll ever get to a girl...hahahahaha! You know my family is NOT big fans of long hair on boys, but I guess you just have to pick your battles!

MAEE said...

I feel your pain. Have you seen Eamonn lately? I cut his hair for his communion in April and he has not let me touch it since. It's full of rats' nests today and I still sent him to school rather than comb it out and fight the battle. The teacher must think I'm a terrible mom. I think they look just as good with short hair as long.