Friday, October 3, 2008

Nipple trauma and weaning Henry

Warning: not for the faint of heart.

Henry's breastfeeding days are numbered. Seriously, he bites me EVERY time he nurses. I've tried screaming....I've tried NO!.....it doesn't matter. He bites and he bites hard. So, I'm weaning him. Slowly. I don't want to be miserably uncomfortable. I'm only nursing him when I'm full. Other than that he gets a bottle. I'm down to about 2 times a day, so I'm thinking about two more weeks and I'll be completely done. It makes me a little sad, but every part of my body will belong to ME again. Yeah! And, he'll be 11 months by then. It was a good run. He bites me so hard that I'm wondering......DO YOU THINK HE COULD BITE IT OFF? Seriously...it's just fleshy tissue, right? Comment please....I'm a bit worried. I have two weeks left and I don't want to lose essential body parts unnecessarily.

5 comments:

Toni said...

Oooooo does not sound good! Have you tried removing him and not letting him finish once he bites? My kids only bit when they were being playful and not all that hungry for eating.

Anonymous said...

My kids did the same thing as Toni's did. I just used to take them off and not put them back on. It worked for us. OUCH!!! By the way, your house looks so great. What a fabulous friend you have!
A.J.

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

having your body to yourself again...priceless!

Unknown said...

Well that made me feel better about weaning Miles at nine months, no bitting before then. He bites our shoulders so hard it make us scream. I have heard that same thing, once they bite stop the feeding and don't let them finish. Amazing at that age they could learn something like that so well.
Good luck Megan and Henry!

life with my boys... said...

I screamed, loud, and popped him off and put him down. He bawled and never did it again. I know, I'm mean. :)