Monday, September 15, 2008

The party


IMG_5656_2, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

On Sunday, Emmett celebrated his third and final birthday celebration. Remember the debate about whether to have his party at my house or at the bounce place (like he wanted), well I am SO GLAD I had it at home. It was a super success. It certainly helped that the weather was fabulous! We had a bug theme party and when the kids arrived we made bug boxes (see pics below). Then we went on a bug hunt in the backyard. Owen and I hid 300 bugs in our backyard (enough for each kid to have 30+). We had dirt cake (see the picture above...in the flower pot. I was SO THRILLED w/ how it turned out....tasted pretty good, too). After that, we were able to use the water slide and bounce house, because it was so warm. I spent just shy of 200.00, so a total savings of about 125.00. Yipee! And, I think Emmett would say it was just as much fun as the bounce place!

5 comments:

Spindler Clan said...

The boys had a blast! Way cool party!!! You did great setting it all up! :)

Toni said...

Awesome! You did way more than you needed to but I guess you had to ease your way into the 'it's okay to have a home party' mode! Well done!

Anonymous said...

SO FUN! You did a GREAT job Meg! The cake is very impressive. The boys are so lucky to have such a talented and loving mother!

Can't wait to see you all in 3 days! :)

AAB

MAEE said...

And are you for hire??? Looks great. What a way to beat that heat on Sunday! We celebrated Eamonn's birthday, too, with the kids in the pool!

iowaguelys said...

SUPER cute ideas!! I'll have to tuck these away for when my boys get older...

Can't believe Emmett is 5!