Saturday, September 6, 2008

Another soccer star?


IMG_5547, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Emmett had his first real soccer game today and the great majority of it was absolutely frightening! The score was probably 50-1 (in favor of the other team). The first half Emmett (and all the other kids) were completely clueless. The walked (well, stood) around and watched the ball. But, after half time, Emmett woke up. It was like something in his head said, "Oh yeah....I remember what I'm supposed to do!" And, he looked MUCH improved. He started dribbling down the field, stopping the ball, stealing the ball from the other players, and....he even scored the lone goal for his team. Yeah, Emmett!!! It'll will be interesting to see what the future holds for him. Owen was a horrid player for the first 6 months of organized play, and it wasn't until 5 years and 10 months that he turned into a soccer stud. Emmett may have him beat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Emmett! Hopefully I'll be able to see both boys play when I'm out there in a couple of weeks!

AAB

Spindler Clan said...

Great job on the goal Emmett!! :)

Jeanne Oliver said...

I know I have said it before, but your children are beautiful! I hope Emmett loves soccer. Madolyn played in the spring and she pushed all the boys to the ground. I was mortified and all the dads thought it was awesome!