Sunday, June 8, 2008

My (sort of) preschool graduate


MVI_4117
Originally uploaded by megan bauer
Emmett participated in preschool graduation on Wednesday, although he didn't technically graduate since he is going to go to preschool for one more year. It's just occured to him that everyone else in his class is going to kindergarten and I tried to explain it to him by saying that everyone else in his class is already 5, and he won't be five until September. At which point he said to me, Tristan is still 4 1/2 and he won't be five until September either." OOPS! The kid is too smart for his own good. I do feel for him, though, he says he wants to go to kindergarten. I met w/ his preschool teachers again just to double check on his "social" progresss since his last report card in January. His report card was 100 percent improved and his teachers said that he was doing so much better: playing w/ all the kids now, participating, being more independent. I'm so glad to hear that. I'm checking that off my list of things to worry about :)

1 comment:

Toni said...

Super-fantastic! That is such great news! We knew he was just taking his own time on this one! Yeah, Em!