Monday, June 23, 2008

Henry's Baptism


IMG_4547, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Henry was baptized Sunday at our church, Liverpool First United Methodist Church. It was a beautiful ceremony. I was a little sad because although Toni (his Godmother) and my mom were there, I was really missing the rest of my family. But, I wanted to have him baptized in our church and we were surrounded by our church family, so it was OK. The gown he's wearing has been worn by all my boys. My mom made it from her wedding dress. I absolutely adore it and I'm so thankful to have such a special heirloom that will be passed down for generations. Doesn't he look absolutely cherubic?

5 comments:

Spindler Clan said...

Love the baptismal gown! What a great idea...your mom is so darn creative. :) Henry looks just precious!

the ess family said...

Henry looks so precious! It makes me miss you guys even more! I can't wait to see you! Love you!

Erica said...

The gown is AWESOME. I as actually thinking that before I scrolled down and saw that your mom had made it from her wedding gown. How special!!

iowaguelys said...

Wow! That is the best idea - your mom is so great at that stuff! I hopw I remember these fun things when I'm a Grandma and have time to do it. Everyone looks like they had a good day...

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

what a doll. his smile is to die for. and i'm so happy your mom could be there. she's amazing. big virtual smooch on henry's adorable cheekies! :*