Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


IMG_4280, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there. If you are half as wonderful as my dad and husband, then our children's future is pretty bright. My fab father is always true to his word. I know that what he says he means. He read me Shakespeare at night through high school, and explained what was going on to me. How many dad's do that? I can call him at any hour and he's ready to chat w/ me. (and I often do...on my way home from work at crazy hours). He's the most honest person I know. He always does what's right.
My husband lights up when he sees his kids. He genuinely, truly loves every minute he spends with them. He never complains. He plays endless board games and soccer games with them. He reads to them. He swings with Emmett any time he asks. He could stand and hold Henry all day long. He has fun w/ me. He's never stressed (unlike me), and he laughs with them constantly. He gets up in the middle of the night with the boys. He lets me sleep in. He's always thinking and questioning the way he does things. He wants to be the best dad around (I think he's already done that). I'm so lucky.
We went to a father's day picnic at a friend's house today with lots of great friends, great dads, great food, great weather, and great fun. Perfect day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Eddie - he really is a great father and you are a great mother! Your children are very blessed!

AAB