Thursday, January 24, 2008

Vitamins and more...


IMG_2697, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Headed back to the pediatrician today. Henry's wheezing has gotten worse (he slept 8 hours last night, anyway :)) He's not eating well and he threw up this AM. Although, I think he might have thrown up solely because of those HORRID vitamins (poly vi sol) that they're supposed to take. Absolutely disgusting!!! I know breast fed babies really need the vitamin A in the vitamins, but I don't know if I can torture him w/ those drops every morning. What did the rest of you mommies do?

6 comments:

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

Ellie was lucky if she got the vitamins 2x a week. Through millenia babies were breastfed without synthetic vitamin A and I was never worried about it. Just get him outside once in a while and don't live in a cave. That's my thought.

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

wait, it was the vitamin D they need which sunlight provides. we make vitamin A, no? or am i confused...

Toni said...

I tried it but it made me gag so I didn't bother after awhile. Then again, I try not to be a worrier AND we live in Colorado sun!

Spindler Clan said...

Never gave that stuff to either one. Although I had late spring babies and we were outside in the sun pretty frequently. Didn't really know about the vitamin A thing...hmmm! I was just told if I got them in the sun that they wouldn't need the vitamin D one.

Anonymous said...

I gave up on the Poly Vi Sol for the same reason. Bryce would constantly gag that stuff back up...

Amy Axe said...

I didn't have any luck with the vitamins. Both of my kiddos are gaggers. I just made sure to be outside with them. I didn't know about the A just the D. I hope he feels better soon. Poor baby.