Monday, January 28, 2008

Grandma to the rescue....

Still in the hospital w/ no immediate plans for discharge. I'm on a quick shower break before heading back. My mom (thank you, thank you, thank you) is en route and going to stay and help out for a week. The big boys are starting to have a tough time being shuttled from friend's house to friend's house. Not to mention I (and Henry) haven't seen them since Friday. Although, I don't know what I'd do without my wonderful friends. The things they have done for us has been absolutely amazing (I'll write more about that later, when I don't have to hurry back). Best case scenario: Henry will be home on Wednesday. Worst case: who knows? His pediatrician mentioned he could be on the long path and stay for many more days. The biggest concern now is that he can't keep fluids down, so he still has an IV he can't get rid of. But they are also concerned about him getting too much fluid (fluid overload). It's such a mess. Gotta run....my boy's awaiting!

8 comments:

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

oh my gosh meg! i am so sorry for you guys and poor henry. please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. i wish i was there and could help. so happy to hear your mom is on her way.

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

oh, be strong. i know you are. i'm so glad your mom is on the way. please, if i can do anything from nyc, please let me know!

Amy Axe said...

Megan,
I am so sorry to hear that things aren't better. I wish that I was closer so that I could help. I'm glad that your Mom is on her way. You are in our prayers.
Love,
A.J.

Southworth Crew said...

Megan, please know that I'm thinking of you and your family during this tough time. Friends are fabulous, but there is such a comfort to know that your mom is on her way to help out. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys....hang in there.

JulyG319 said...

Oh Megan, I hope that Henry gets better real soon and gets to come home. It will be nice to have your mom there to help with the older two. Take care of yourself!!!
All our love, Julie and family

Cindy Kozman said...

Megan, I'm so sorry to hear about Henry's troubles. I can't imagine how difficult this is for your family. Please know that you are all in our prayers and that you can call us anytime if we can help you out at all. I hope your mom has a safe trip.

Cindy

the ess family said...

Give Henry a big hug from us! I hope he feels better soon! I wish we were there! We are saying our prayers for the little man!
We love you!