Monday, January 14, 2008

He did it!





Yeah! Henry slept from 10:30-4:30 last night! That's 6 full hours! While exciting, I'm a little nervous. We had a bottle of pumped breast milk that I decided we needed to give to him to make sure he'd take the bottle before I go back to work. (he took it, although he wasn't all together thrilled!) So, Eddie gave him 4 ounces and then he stil wanted to nurse more. So...now I'm wondering if he slept so long, because he had that extra 4 ounces at bedtime. That combined w/ nursing probably amounted to 7-8 ounces and I'm doubt he's getting that much from me right before bed. So, maybe he's waking around 2-3 because he's hungry. Time will tell. But I'm not about to start supplementing, so if that's the case I'll just have to get up more in the middle of the night.

6 comments:

the ess family said...

Oh my goodness! Good job Henry! I love to hear Owen and Emmett's voices when they talk to Henry! What cute boys!

life with my boys... said...

i am sooooo excited for you!!!!!

Toni said...

Awesome! Way to go, Henry!

Anonymous said...

I've wondered this with James for a long time...I'm convinced he doesn't get enough before bed but the little stinker refuses to take a bottle!!! I'm so jealous Henry is already sleeping that long so soon!!! AWESOME!!!

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

from the time ellie was about 2 weeks old, dave give her a bottle of breastmilk at the sleepytime feed - about 10:30. she's been sleeping through the night ever since. i highly recommend it!

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

handing henry the wii remotes. i love it.