Wednesday, May 27, 2009

He doesn't look sick...


001, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

I wish I had something else to blog about other than sick kids. But, no such luck. Owen got sick on Friday: runny nose, headache, stomachache, etc.... Took him to our fabulous pediatrician and she said his lungs sounded yucky (even though he wasn't yet coughing) and that he had an ear infection (although, he hadn't yet complained about his ear either). She thought he might have a pneumonia beginning. Put him on antibiotics, prednisone, and lots of nebulizer treatments and now, 5 days later, he's doing well.

I got sick on Sunday. Cough, runny nose, sore throat. I'm sure it's the same upper respiratory infection as Owen. And, I can't really complain. It's been a LONG time since I've had one. I'm going to see if I can avoid antibiotics and the doctor for myself. And, since I don't have asthma and colds don't usually go to my lungs, I'm probably good. Although I feel like sh** now.

Emmett developed his horrible cough last night. It sounds a bit croupy, but I don't think it's croup. I think it's an asthma cough. He goes to the pediatrician this afternoon.

Henry's nose is disgusting. I figure we have 2 days before he starts coughing and gets another ear infection.

Sorry for the boring sick news...same old, same old....so, so tired of it.

Listen to these horrible statistics. Since January we have had 5 weeks (only 5 weeks) that we have not visited the pediatrician's office (not counting the 2 weeks we were in Eville - and in the hospital). That is 5 weeks out of 22!!! OMG! That means we have visited our pediatrician's office 17 out of the last 22 weeks. Some weeks more then once. And, even worse, we have had ZERO weeks that we have not visited a doctor of some speciality (allergy/asthma, dermatology, eye doctor, cardiology, etc. I need a good luck charm. A witch casting a good spell. A leprechaun. Something. Anything.

2 comments:

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

i think the warmer weather and kids out of school will give you the break you need. schools are germ incubators and you have 2 kids in different schools. it will calm down. hang in there. kisses. :*

Amy Axe said...

YUCK! That is all I have to say. I hope that you guys have a sick free summer.