Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Have you seen him?


053, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

We are looking for our sweet, kind, funny, smart, gentle, 8 year old boy, Owen. In his place is an argumentive, grouchy, sarcastic, talking back little child. I'm not sure where he's come from or how long he's playing on staying. But, I'm ready for him to bring the old Owen back. By 830 this AM, Owen had already lost TV for tomorrow and has to go to his room when he gets home from school. And, he had only been up from an hour and a half. This was our morning:

I brought down clothes for Owen to wear as I day every morning. And, I know that I shouldn't complain, because a lot of people have children that have had strong opinions about what they will wear or won't wear at a much earlier age. But, Owen has never cared. Until now. And, in perfect Owen fashion, he does everything to the max. He's refusing to wear anything that is not soccer related. If it has another sport on it, forget it. So, I brought down for clothes for him to wear and he refuses. I tell him to go find something else to wear (and now we're running late for school) and then I try to explain to him that just because he LOVES soccer does not mean that he has to HATE other sports. To which he interrupts me by saying, "blah, blah, blah." Could have throttled him. I didn't. Instead, he's going to his room after school today.

So, if you've seen the old Owen. My sweet little boy. Please return him. We miss him.

In the meantime, I'm going to purge everything un-soccer related from his closet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cracks me up! Just be glad that you don't have a girl. They are ten times worse. Lauren has been picking her own clothes since she was about TWO. Hang in there!
A.J.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Blah, blah, blah part. Your kids crack me up (easy for someone who doesn't have kids to say, I know)!

AAB

Anonymous said...

BTW, you look GREAT!

AAB

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Except for the clothes part, E could be his twin.

Tam

Toni said...

He must be out somewhere with Diego. We're having our share of problems with him, too. I thought it was the end of school thing. I sure hope so because I'm not looking forward to spending my summer with an unreasonable kid! Ugh!

AND I have THREE kids (so far) who have STRONG opinions about what they wear. It's NOT fun at all!