Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Anyone know?

I got a new front loader washing machine and I'm not sure that I'm loving it. My problem? I don't know how clean the clothes are actually getting. For example, Eddie's disgusting, sweaty shirts after playing soccer still smell after being washed....well, sweaty. Less disgusting, perhaps. But, still like his sweaty deodorant. What's up w/ that? I've changed the setting level to high soil, high spin, active wear. I've tried more detergent and less detergent, more clothes and less clothes. All to no avail. I have even (gasp) read the directions. Still, nothing helps. It's really bad after someone wets the bed. The sheets still smell like pee after being washed. Suggestions, anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stinks! I have a front loader and don't have that problem unless it is a really weird fabric of Kelley's biking gear. I will wash that that particular shirt 2 times and the smell is gone. So weird. I would call the company!
A.J.

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

i have a front loader and i haven't noticed much. i'll say that sometime towels that are left in there wet too long don't smell so fresh but i just attributed that to my own laziness. have you tried a perfumed laundry detergent? may mask the odor that you are noticing.