Thursday, September 10, 2009

For the first time in history...


006, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

my boys took the bus TO school. It's going to be a great year :). Both of my kids came home yesterday, absolutely thrilled about their school day. Owen said that this was going to be his best year yet. And, Emmett said he was a great listener. Didn't get in trouble. And, got to sit by his best buddy, Troy, for everything. Jackpot.

The past 3 years I have driven Owen to school every morning (last year I carpooled w/ Sheila) for many reasons:

1. The bus stop was two blocks away and if I was going to have to bundle my whole crew up to walk in 3 feet of snow at 8 AM, I might as well drive.

2. Nothing good comes from the bus, right?

3. They cram the little kids on the bus - 3 to a sit. Can you say uncomfortable in winter w/ winter coats, hats, mittens, etc?

4. My kids got to bum around for an extra 10 minutes in the AM if I drive them :)

Anyway, yesterday, Emmett asked to ride the bus in the AM. ASKED TO! Combine that w/ the bus stop being moved to Sheila's driveway - 2 houses down from mine - and Owen and Emmett being on the bus together - AND Henry sleeping in these days....AND, OK!!!

So, they did it. And, they were excited (this photo is O and Em and their buddy, Keaton (Sheila's son)).

We will have to see what tomorrow brings, but if they want to continue riding in the AM...I guess I'll let them :)

No comments: