Saturday, October 31, 2009

Our weather family...


020, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Halloween has never been a huge event at our house. My kids have NEVER particularly liked dressing up. Usually, they decide what they are going to be a day or two before Halloween....one year we put a white shirt over Owen's head and he was a ghost. He's also worn his soccer uniform 2 years in a row. They don't like superheros and Disney characters.
So, this year I decided to do something different. This year I had a brilliant...er, crazy.....idea to make their costumes. Fast forward two months, and we were a weather family. Fitting....because of Owen's obsession w/ catastrophic weather events.

Before you give me too much credit, let me point out that I did not think of these costumes myself. Some of them were printed in Parenting magazine. Some were from a friend's idea. Nor did I actually sew them. I did put thread in a needle and went through fabric a few times. But, mainly I used a LOT of fabric glue. I also don't plan on repeating this anytime soon. It took forever to get them done, and it cost a serious amount of money. With all that said, I'm glad I did it. The kids were super excited, and it was fun for our whole family to be a "team" in costumes.

So, without further delay, let me introduce our weather family.

I am partly cloudy w/ a chance of rain (I squirted people w/ water from the squirt bottle)
Eddie was raining cats and dogs (carrying an umbrella w/ webkin cats and dogs hanging from it)
Owen was a tornado
Emmett was a lightning bolt
Henry was a snowball.

Ahhh...what fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, I'm so proud of you! You did a great job and the kids and their Mom and Dad were so cute. Love ya

Toni said...

AWESOME!!!!!!! Now that's one of the BEST themes yet! You rock!

Rudd Family said...

Very impressed! You all look great.