Saturday, October 17, 2009

A brief synopsis of the week's events...


017, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Sorry for the delay in posts. Life has completely overwhelmed me the last few weeks. So much going on....

I've had sick kids every week since school has started. And for those of you counting, that's 5 weeks in a row. It rotates between the kids. And, it's not all week. But, it's persistent. And, it sucks. And, we haven't even done the H1N1 thing...yet...
Henry has pneumonia. Confirmed by chest x ray on Thursday morn. He seems to be slowly improving. But, it's bacterial - localized to his left lower lobe - and contagious. Owen's coughing now, and I suspect it'll be pneumonia in another day or two. Emmett's asthma has been flared up for the past 2 weeks, and so, for numerous times during the day we have 3 nebulizers going in tandem. Awesome.
Henry's surgery is in two weeks, but we have to have a repeat chest x ray three days before to make sure his pneumonia has cleared.

I'm working more than usual. Lots more than usual. Like 36 hours last week and 28 this week. Not fun...but then again, money is nice. And, Christmas is coming up (not to mention O and Henry's birthdays).

I've also decided to make the kid's (and me and Eddie's) costumes this year. Not sure what I was thinking.....but stay tuned, if I actually get them done - it'll be super fun.

Plus, I hate fall. I hate winter. And, knowing cold and snow are right around the corner puts me in a serious funk.

I'll try to keep up w/ my posts a little more this week. But, no guarantees. :)

3 comments:

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

hi megan! i missed your posts! i'm glad to hear henry is feeling better. pneumonia is so scary. dave says he put his mother through it once a year (walking version) and she had seven heart attacks each year because of it. hang in there. it will get better.

Toni said...

Those are THE cutest smiles!!!!

Can't imagine staying on top of anything with your work schedule AND sickness after sickness! You're doing fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Megan, you are doing such a good job! You are quite the juggler. Hang in there!
A.J.