Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What we've been up to (continued)..


022, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

In exactly, 36 hours we will be headed to Florida. I'm hoping to bring along the laptop and do some posts while we're there, but no guarantees. I may be too busy laying on the beach, jumping waves, or building sand castles :). We're leaving around 5 AM Thursday morn and are driving to Nashville to spend the night w/ my aunt and uncle. My cousins live there, too, and they are all coming along to Florida w/ us (except for my cousin Kate who's pregnant w/ her first babe and due in September. We'll miss you, Kate and Mark!). The plan is to spend all Friday in Nashville and then caravan to Florida w/ everyone on Saturday morn. This Florida vaca is a FAMILY REUNION courtesy of my dear grandma and grandpa. There are 24 of us going, including 8 kiddos and Owen is the oldest. Henry is the 2nd youngest (by 5 months). We can't wait!!!! So, my posts have been few and far between as I try to pack and cram in as much work as I can (oh, and lots of trips to the gym as I try to take off a little bit more weight before swimsuits are required - it seems to be working I'm 6 pounds below what I was when I got pregnant w/ Henry and a mere 14 pounds above what I was when I got pregnant w/ Owen). Yipee!

Emmett and Owen are doing soccer camp this week. It's the first time Emmett has done it, and it's such a big step for him. He wanted to do it and has really, really enjoyed it. Plus, he's playing hard the whole time (it's 3 hours long every morn)!

On the bummer side, I took Henry to the peds surgeon for the little bump he's had upper abdominally. I was fully, completely expecting them to say "it's no big deal." Or, "it's just a cyst." But, no such luck. The surgeon took one look at it and said, "It's an epigastric hernia and it needs to be removed sooner rather then later." UGH!!! What a super big bummer for my little guy. Gotta run.....More later :)

4 comments:

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

have a great time, meg and family!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! Enjoy the beach and post lots of pics!
A.J.

Unknown said...

You look great, and Happy Anniversary!

Josh McKey said...

What's the lastest on Henry?