Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Grandpa and Grandma


103, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

This whole trip to Destin, Florida was courtesy of my grandma and grandpa. My grandpa said as hugged and kissed me bye that it was the best money they ever spent. And while we were so thankful that they allowed us the opportunity to spend a week on a beautiful Florida beach, I am more thankful that we got to spend a week with them. I absolutely adore my grandpa and grandma and that is one of the hardest parts about living so, so far away from my family. We only get to see them once a year. Not nearly enough time for me (or my kids). I miss them dearly. This trip was in honor of my grandma's 80th birthday and my grandpa's 85th birthday. They have been married for over 60 years. They are active, alert, and a lot of fun. They're the best. I wish I had gotten more pictures of them. Like a photo of me with me grandma and grandpa. Next time, for sure!

No comments: