Thursday, August 20, 2009

Potty training update


002, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Yesterday was potty training day #1 and Henry did pretty well. It's funny - I can't really remember how the first day went for my other boys, but I suspect it was pretty much like Henry's. Lots of accidents, but also some successes and he told me every time he went potty - even if it was running down his leg.

Today, he's done better. 4 successes this AM and only 1 miss. So, yeah! I'm still watching him like a hawk, so I can "catch" him if he looks like he's getting ready to go before he has an accident. He is preferring to run around naked, although he has put on undies a few times.

I'm not completely sure...but I think it might be working :).

6 comments:

Alison said...

So, how do you know that it's time? Em sits on the potty every night before her bath, and occasionally, she'll do something in it, but mostly, she fights us when we suggest it. I know that if I offered her candy for going, that would change her attitude, but I'm not sure that I want to resort to bribery.

And you just let him run around naked all day? Is that a "boy" thing, or both genders?

So, I'm assuming that you're not leaving the house at all for a few days, right?

Is there a book you'd recommend?

Sorry for the barrage...I've been avoiding thinking about it but since Henry is 1. a few months younger, and 2. a BOY, you've given me something to think about.

Crazycarmella said...

Oooooh you are SO brave.....I really want to try it but I just don't know(Changing two diapers all day long sucks!) I know Toni has had a lot of luck with doing the "Potty Party" thing...I really want to try it but I just don't know...

Amy Axe said...

Way to go Henry!

Anonymous said...

That is an Emmett smile if I ever saw one. Love, Mom

Toni said...

He looks EXACTLY like Em here!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a followup circa 2017 entitled "Henry gay slut update." Maybe a selfie of Henry naked, playing with his dick, a finger up his bum. Or maybe some pics of Henry sucking an older man's dick, or taking an older man's dick up his little boy bum. Better yet, post the video of Henry getting raped by his favorite uncle.