Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Zoo mishaps


153, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

We had a heck of a time at the zoo. Both Emmett and Evelyn fell down at various times while running and poor Josie fell and (this is my guess anyway) busted her frenulum (the little connector from your top lip to your top gum). No big deal, but WOW! did it bleed. I grabbed her and got blood all over my shirt and arm (which you can't see). And Josie was covered in blood, too. We looked like quite a sight walking through the zoo. But the best part was that Amy picked me up from the zoo and we went to the Galleria for dinner and shopping. I walked around the mall w/ blood all over my shirt! And, holy smokes......my breastfeeding boobies are still enormous aren't they?

3 comments:

Toni said...

Crazy! I broke my fren-thing in the swimming pool doing a back dive when I was 10- I don't think it bled hardly at all. I'm pretty sure Diego's is broke but without any real blood episode. They're thinking they might have to cut Tatum's if she continues to have a space between her front teeth. Weird, huh?!
Glad you guys still had a great time!

iowaguelys said...

too funny! That's definitely one of my fav parts about breastfeeding...but once it's over, they're gone. so sad :(

Spindler Clan said...

Keaton broke his frenlum when he was 8 months (learning to walk) down in Florida on my dad's coffee table and it bled a TON!!! So here is the lesson we learned for our $40 visit to the ER...have popscicles on hand for any mouth injuries!!!! It clotted up within minutes of him having the popscicle. Looks like you guys had the right idea!