Thursday, August 28, 2008

The guest of honor


IMG_5360, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Owen studied war and the history of wars in school last year, and I told him that PaPa's brother (my great Uncle Joe) lost his leg in World War 2. He was completely fascinated and had LOADS of questions about war. So, when we decided to go to my grandparent's house, my grandma invited Uncle Joe to come to. Owen was thrilled to get to meet him (although, I think he forgot most of the questions he intended to ask him). And, both boys were super impressed w/ the electric scooter/wheelchair he rides AND MOST OF ALL....his tricked out Chrysler Town and Country mini van. It has a ramp so he can get in and out and a special seat, etc. Uncle Joe gave the boys a big demo on how it works.

1 comment:

iowaguelys said...

neat! I bet your uncle had some great stories. who knew they studied war so young? (love the Mr. Messy and Happy T's, by the way...I want 'Lil Miss Chatterbox for Andie) :)